Merriam-Webster publishes a list of user submitted new words & slang in their open dictionary. They remain there until they make it into the dictionary. Three words beginning with X caught my eye.
First I list the submitted word with definition. Then I use it in a sentence.
- xanthophobia (adjective) : the fear of the color yellow.
- One of the primary colors on Ecuador’s flag and national fútbol team is yellow. If you suffer from xanthophobia, Ecuador may not be the best place for you.
|Yellow shirts are common in Ecuador|
- xenoepist (noun) : someone who speaks with a foreign accent
- With my native US accent, I am a xenoepist in Ecuador, whether speaking Spanish or English.
- xyzlacatosis (other) : struck with knowledge that there are few words in the English language beginning with x, y, and z
- I suffered from xyzlacatosis while looking for a topic for this post.
Can you identify with any of these?
If you are visiting from the #AtoZChallenge please include your blog link in a comment so I can check it out.